There are three kinds of users with additional powers on the Merchant Rpg Wiki:
- Patrollers have the power to roll back edits with just one click and mark edits as patrolled.
- Administrators have the power to - in addition to the powers of a moderator - delete pages, protect pages and ban users from the wiki.
- Bureaucrats differ from regular administrators in that bureaucrats can give and revoke other people's administrative powers.
For details, please see Help:User access levels.
Users with special user rights
User rights requests
For you to become an administrator or patroller, someone with bureaucrat access must make you one. Please note that the additional user rights are not a reward for good contributions nor a promotion to have more authority than other users. Simply put, a special rights user is a user who is being trusted with access to certain technical features to aid in article or community maintenance. Not everybody who meets the requirements will automatically become a special rights user, they are appointed on a per-need basis.
The minimum requirements for becoming a patroller are:
- You've made at least 250 edits in the article, category, module or template namespace (i.e. talk page, blog and forum contributions do not count).
- You have been continuously active at this wiki for at least one month.
The minimum requirements for becoming an administrator are:
- You have made at least 1000 edits in the article, category, module or template namespace (i.e. talk page, blog and forum contributions do not count).
- You have been continuously active at this wiki for at least three months.
- You have not made a failed administrator request in the past two months. This does not include requests which were closed because you did not meet the formal requirements.
- You have held the position of patroller for a minimum of two months.
- You have not been site-blocked or chat-banned for a period of at least three months.
Making the request
If you meet the requirements above and want to become an administrator then you need to start a dialogue titled Adminship Request - [your username] on a bureaucrat's talk page. In this, you should describe why you would like to become an admin and what your major contributions have been thus far.
When your application has been posted, Community Staff will be able to discuss whether or not you should be made Admin over a timespan of at least one week (or more in case of controversy).
Indifference to the other posts, patroller rights needs no community vote. If you wish to apply for patroller, and you meet the requirements, just write an application and leave it on a bureaucrat's talk page. They will then decide whether you have earned patroller rights or not. Bureaucrats are also allowed to give out patroller rights based on their own judgment and without users having to ask for them.